Poppy seed bread

Poppy seed bread

Postby Lizzy » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:58 pm

I wanted Lime poppyseed bread, calling for no butter, as I hadn't any butter.

Then I discovered I hadn't any lime zest either...so waited for today. Got a lime, a lemon, had mazola oil, and LOTS of Lime Yoghurt.

Mixed everything properly, I thought...till my eyes caught "beat eggs and sugar till fluffy" well it was too late for that, I'd mixed the sugar in with the flour and nutmeg and cinnamon, hadn't I?

One adds vanilla, lemon extract and almond extract as well as 1/3 cup of poppy seeds.

I ended up with three "dirty" mixing bowls, beaters, spoons, measuring spoons and measuring cups and a very messed up counter.

But, the Lemon Lime Poppy Seed bread is baking happily away, and if finger-licking is any test, it is going to be yummy!

I managed to skip both of our rainy cold days and bake today...supposed to go up to 24 C by 4 p.m. and my kitchen is gonna be hotter than that for sure. And I don't get to put the beans into baking until 4:30 p.m. at 400 degrees F...these are maple-syrup baked beans with bacon, not the brown ones.

I'd already walked around the gardens and decided they were doing beautifully without me, so I just admired and went in to my nice clean kitchen. Y'all can guess what the next step is,for me!
Lizzy - wet Coast, BC Zone 7b-8b
Lizzy

Return to Breads, Muffins, and Baking