Lulu your Brugs

From growing to sowing, staking to pruning and any other method or tip that will aid the gardener in helping their garden flourish to its full potential, help by sharing with other gardeners and joining the discussion

Lulu your Brugs

Postby Mike in Greely » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:35 pm

I dont know if you remember but a few years ago you sent me a selection of Brugs, i grew them over winter and potted them up and put outside, i believe a few did have one or two flowers the first year, since then i have kept them barely alive over winter and put back outside lots of leave no flowers, this year one of them really took off and currently has 9 flower pods, cant wait to see the flowers and what colour it is, the others are still plodding along.
Mike in Greely

Re: Lulu your Brugs

Postby Mike in Greely » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:49 pm

I have had 7 beautiful flowers so far with 2 more to come, they are a peachy colour. The plant is only about 2 feet tall, one straight stem and then the much needed branch . I have about 6 others brugs but they all just have a straight stem no branches with leaves.
I`m off to Italy and Cyprus in 10 days time so m ust remember to bring them in before we go as i`m sure we will get a frost here before we get back in 2nd week of october.
Mike in Greely

Postby OGrubber » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:56 am

With the weather extremes we are experiencing here, south of you, you can bet your booties there will be a frost before you get back. laf

Have a great trip!
market gardening - just another day at the plant
OGrubber

Postby BBQ » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:24 pm

I too received several Brug cuttings from Lulu and have kept them going for several years now. I'm trying to reduce the number of plants I overwinter in the basement and this year decided to see which of the Brugs performed the best and save the best 2 or 3. This is one that I will save as it has always performed well, and this year was no exception. 'Pickering Salmon'. Doesn't get too tall and leggy and produces blooms for many many weeks. I took this picture of it yesterday, (I should have tidied it up first!), and it's still producing new flower buds. I think this one actually likes the cooler night temperatures.
~BBQ
DSC_0083.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Every day may not be good but there is good in every day!
Zone 5a/b SE Ontario
BBQ

Postby OGrubber » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:26 pm

Tidied-up or not Brenda, wow!, look at all those blooms!
Bet the perfumed air near it, is out of this world.
market gardening - just another day at the plant
OGrubber

Postby Laura » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:26 pm

Lovely color and I love a flower that has aroma ... :D
New Brunswick,zone 4
Laura

Return to Just Plants