Morning Glory Question

From growing to sowing, staking to pruning and any other method or tip that will aid the gardener in helping their garden flourish to its full potential, help by sharing with other gardeners and joining the discussion

Morning Glory Question

Postby soccermomof3 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:51 am

I can't stop thinking about the pics of the morning glories that Laura posted! I don't really have a spot where I could put up a climbing frame against a wall. Would an obelisk or similar climbing structure work? Any thoughts? Or do morning glories grow too tall for something like that?
soccermomof3

Re: Morning Glory Question

Postby Laura » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:11 pm

I first grew my MG's on string.I am going to have to do that again I think because I had to take down my trellis' when we built the new garage.I also have a 4x4 in my back garden that my bird feeders hang on and I think I will have some there,also with some strings for them to climb.I may be able to re-use one trellis in the front of the house but not sure so maybe strings there too.

I think anything that they can climb on would work ... I have read you don't have to let them climb.I just always did it because I have a small garden and if I let them sprawl all over the lawn guy would have a fit when mowing ... and I have to live with him ... :lol:

New Brunswick,zone 4
Laura

Re: Morning Glory Question

Postby soccermomof3 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:05 am

Thanks Laura!!
soccermomof3

Return to Just Plants