7 September 2014

This forum is set up for those who are interested in vegetable or fruit growing, and just landscaping in general

7 September 2014

Postby BBQ » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:38 pm

This has been a wonderful year for tomatoes for me. Far too many, and they're ripening faster than we can eat them!

The Mortgage Lifter, (seeds courtesy of Donna), are fantastic producers. I planted three plants, not knowing what they were going to do - they were early, large, juicy, and tasty, and are still producing. Just a wonderful tomato.

The Brandywine have also been fantastic. What a great tommytoe this is. Larger than a hamburger bun, meaty, juicy, and so very tasty.

Every one of the tomato plants has done splendidly, and I picked another 30 San Marzano today. I've already got some in the freezer. I can't believe how well they've done this year.
IMG_5502.jpg

~BBQ
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Every day may not be good but there is good in every day!
Zone 5a/b SE Ontario
BBQ

Re: 7 September 2014

Postby Chelsea » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:11 pm

Your tomatoes look yummy! Besides fresh corn on the cob, tomatoes are my favourite. My tomatoes are still producing as are the scarlet runner beans.

Love my fruit and veggies, that's for sure.
We all have our flaws; no one is perfect.
Chelsea

Re: 7 September 2014

Postby HeidiPG » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:03 pm

Looking great in the tomato patch over at your place BBQ! I too have lots of TommyToes still going in the greenhouse - we are dodging pending frost coming this week, so I moved the two pots outside the greenhouse back inside.

Bush beans are done and pulled out, broccoli too, but the scarlet runners are blooming like mad (will try covering the tower with the frost) and have taken out the first of my Sieglinde potato plants and they look good (except some are scabby) and beets and leeks harvest is now happening too.

It's all going to end soon for me though - negative temps are about to be here to stay through the nights. We usually get 20 degree temperature swings in a day, but the nights dip under ZERO.

It was a very good season this year and I can't complain at all.
Heidi in Prince George, BC
Zone 3 and loving it!
HeidiPG

Location: Prince George, BC Zone 3 (Central Interior high plateau)

Return to Fruits, Vegetables, and Landscaping